The “Future of Food” breakfast at The Wigwam in Litchfield Park, Arizona, highlighted local programs and partnerships working to improve access to healthy food. State and local officials as well as nutrition, agriculture and other experts focused on the best ideas, innovations and initiatives for providing more equitable access to nutritious food, particularly for children.
- Allen Ng, Administrator, Western Regional Office, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Will Humble, Director, Arizona Department of Health
- Mary Szafrankski, Deputy Associate Superintendent, Health and Nutrition Services, Arizona Department of Education
- Cindy Gentry, State Lead, Community Food Connections
- David Schwake, Food Service Director, Litchfield Elementary School District
- Robert Ojeda, Vice President, Community Food Resource Center, Community Food Bank of Southern Arizona